I have produced a range of high-profile campaigns to get people excited about reading and to develop new audiences for the literature sector. From Edinburgh to Australia, I’ve come across great ideas that have inspired me to help creative folk get the best platform possible to promote their work.
Past projects include:
* Reader Development – strategic programmes of literary activity with a wide range of partners. Produced national reading project Let’s Get Lyrical, Scotland’s festival of song lyrics, with 86 events in 28 days, co-ordinating 69 partner organisations.
* Innovative citywide reading campaigns Kidnapped, Jekyll & Hyde and The Lost World Read, giving away 93,000 free books, creating graphic novels, education resources and events programmes.
* Carry a Poem – co-ordinated a month-long programme promoting poetry in Edinburgh, including producing Poets for Haiti, Scotland’s largest poetry event, with Poet Laureate Carol Ann Duffy and partners. Poetry projected on Edinburgh Castle was featured on the BBC home page as the Valentine’s Day image.
* International project models – produced Greater North: Cities of Literature, running a study tour for 20 UK arts professionals in Edinburgh and Melbourne UNESCO Cities of Literature. Participants forgegd productive, lasting connections between Melbourne and UK regional arts providers.
* Websites – creation and development of Edinburgh’s literary hub, writing and curating content, co-ordinating listings, news bulletins and mapping literary activity in the city.